North Carolina Immigration Attorneys

Can I Get a Green Card or Visa with a Criminal Record?

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) has strict eligibility requirements which individuals must meet before they will receive authorization for a visa or green card. Under the IRA, committing a crime involving moral turpitude or conspiring to commit such a crime will be grounds for inadmissibility.

Any violation of state, federal or foreign laws pertaining to controlled substances will also make an individual ineligible to receive an immigrant visa, non-immigrant visa or green card. In cases where a crime of moral turpitude was committed by an individual prior to the age of 18, and at least 5 years have passed since the completion of the individual's assigned sentence, he or she may be able to pursue a visa or green card despite having a criminal past. There are also circumstances when, with the help of a skilled immigration attorney, an individual may be able to seek a waiver of inadmissibility.

Let Brown Immigration Law Assist You

The attorneys here at Brown Immigration Law are well-qualified to provide legal representation in all types of immigration cases. We understand your immigration status will not only impact your own personal and professional life, but the life of family and loved ones as well. Clients who retain our legal services can trust that we will do everything we can to improve their chances of receiving the positive outcome they seek.

Our comprehensive understanding of immigration law and unwavering commitment to being the advocate our clients need is what has allowed us to help countless individuals gain lawful entry into the United States despite any real or perceived obstacles. If you have a criminal record, or are worried about your qualifications for a visa or green card, contact a North Carolina immigration attorney at our firm today. We will take the time to review your situation, address your concerns, advise you of the options available to you and assist you in determining how to move forward.