North Carolina Immigration Attorneys

What Should I Do if My Visa Expiring?

If you or a loved one has a visa that is about to expire, it is imperative that you retain counsel from an experienced North Carolina immigration lawyer at once. For more than 40 years the lawyers at our firm have been unrelenting advocates on behalf of those individuals wishing to immigrate to the United States on a temporary or permanent basis.

We have built our firm into one of the most highly-regarded immigration law firms in the area and we are very proud of the fact that we have been able to help so many individuals and families find successful resolutions to their immigration problems. It does not matter whether you need help with a visa extension, a deportation defense or an adjustment of status, our firm is ready and willing to provide you with the legal representation you need to get real results.

When an individual is issued a non-immigrant visa to gain entry to the United States, he or she is only allowed to remain in the country for a set period of time. It is very important that you know exactly when your visa is set to expire, so that you can either file for an extension or leave the country before you have overextended your stay.

To be eligible to file for an extension of your visa, you must have a validly-obtained visa and it must not have already expired. If you violated any of the conditions or terms of your visa, or you committed any crimes during your time in the states, you will be ineligible to extend your stay. Should you wish to adjust your status for the purpose of obtaining a green card or permanent resident status, we can help you prepare your petition and provide you with legal counsel throughout the entire immigration process. You must act quickly before it is too late to initiate aggressive action in your defense. Call Brown Immigration Law right away so that we can review your immigration status and take immediate action to help you obtain a visa extension or an adjustment of status.