North Carolina Immigration Attorneys
Contact Us About Your Legal Matter Today (919) 225-3963
Helping Individuals, Families, and Companies in Immigration Matters Our Dedicated Attorneys Are Ready to Help You

North Carolina Visa Extension Lawyer

Why do I need a visa extension?

All non-immigrant visas have expiration dates. After a set time, they become invalid and the immigrant must return to their country of origin. This can be problematic if the immigrant is not finished with the duties they needed to perform in the United States, or if they simply desire to stay longer. This problem can be solved in many cases by filing a Form I-539, Application to Extend / Change Non-Immigrant Status before the immigrant's current stay expires.

The Extension Process

It is extremely important for a non-immigrant visitor to apply for this extension well before their current visa's expiration date. Should they fail to do so, they will be found guilty of overstaying their visa and will face deportation or removal from the country. This awful process can be avoided by completing the Form I-539 at least 45 days before the expiration of the current visa.

Eligibility for an extension depends on whether or not the non-immigrant has:

  • A current non-immigrant visa that is valid
  • A valid passport that will remain valid during the remainder of their extended stay
  • Committed any crimes making them ineligible
  • Violated the conditions of their current visa

If you are looking to file for an extension, keep in mind that crew members, transit visas, fiancé(e) visas, and S non-immigrant visas are excluded from extensions. Consult with a North Carolina immigration attorney as soon as possible to learn more.

Contact Robert Brown LLC

Our firm has the experience and skill necessary to skillfully handle your immigration case. Attorney Brown has over four decades of immigration experience on his own, and Attorneys Oza and Cuic have both been included in the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ lists for consecutive years. Find out exactly what we could do to help you obtain a visa extension by calling today for a consultation.

You could learn exactly what an immigration lawyer can do for you. Contact us today!

Contact Robert Brown LLC

You Deserve a Personalized Legal Solution
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • How to Apply for Asylum in the U.S.

    For many people outside of the United States, living in a constant state of fear has become the norm due to various things outside of their control. ...

    Continue Reading
  • Is Changing Birthright Citizenship the Answer?

    While immigration is in the news on almost a daily basis and is becoming a firestorm issue for the upcoming 2016 Presidential election, a recent ...

    Continue Reading
  • Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA)

    President Obama's Executive Action announcement in November 2014 included a major benefit provided to parents of American citizen and lawful permanent ...

    Continue Reading